“You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.” – Man of Steel
My nephew has no limits, as small as he is. He believes that he could accomplish anything. When he grows up, he wants to be a chef or a mechanic or a marine biologist or a president. In essence, his beliefs have no limits. I believe, no matter how old you are, you could accomplish anything as long as you believe in yourself and start taking actions now.
Each one of us is a superhero. For example – I celebrated one of my friends’ birthday in New York one year. One night, as she and I walked across town back to our hotel at the Waldorf Astoria, she noticed that a man followed us for a few blocks in the desolate streets of a warm July 4th celebration. We immediately entered an Irish pub to direct the man to enter too. As we left the pub, she turned around and said to the man: “Stop following us. You know I could kick your ass right now.” The man left. He was afraid. And my friend would have used her kickboxing skills to demonstrate some superhero action there. At the end, a kind man offered and escorted us safely back to our hotel.
1. Write your own story. You have the power to write your story, to change your past, experience heaven on earth and live in a future you create today. Sit down and write your story. Would you fall in love with the man of your dreams and experience a meaningful, profound relationship, the one you have always wanted? Do you envision a love full of sensibility, intimacy and emotional connection? Would you work at a place where you feel wanted and respected? Would you love to build a company that changes people’s lives? Would you spend time with your grandchildren and just enjoy the company of your love in your arms? Would you explore all the countries in the world and teach compassion to your children? Would you try the best you could to live in the state of happiness everyday? Begin creating your life.
2. You could accomplish anything. As you are creating your life, believe that you could accomplish anything. Anything. You could find a job. You could find a happy, loving man. You could love yourself. You could be happy. And you could change anything.
3. Love your life. Whether you have decided to love yourself every day or give your time to a non-profit organization or raise your children, appreciate life. Do the best you could to do what you love and decide what you want to accomplish. For example, I love traveling and one item on my bucket list is to visit every country in the world. Thus, I consciously choose to explore various nations, people and culture. And I love spending time with my nephew. Thus, I’ll watch Gary Mod episodes with him on YouTube and support his goal of creating a YouTube channel for his love of games. Whatever you love, begin living that reality – now.
Have a beautiful day! – And let your inner beauty shine!
© 2013, Fish and Cars. All Rights Reserved.
Photographs by Raj.
Even with a little wind today, the sun arises just to take a peek at every smile. I am excited to be wearing some of my favorite pieces today. I treasure the dreamy top full of stars by Ann Ferriday, which makes me feel happy and confident without fail every single time! The denim by Kate Spade is comfortable and hugs my body perfectly.
I love the Mary Jane by Cole Haan, which I could walk miles and miles in because it incorporates Nike Air Technology. Recently, my favorite jacket is this BCBG coat – it looks like a dress! and outlines my body magnificently. And because I lust for the exploration of the world, this Tolani scarf reminds me of new cultures and new experiences.
The Prada bag is a gift for myself when I explored Rome, Florence and Venice (Italy) – I have fond memories of Renaissance and medieval architecture, manicured hills and grand gondola. And lastly, this pair of gold earrings comes from a recent trip to Santa Barbara – I could spend hours and hours appreciating art along the beach! and it is quite special.
Two of my nephew’s passions are fish and cars. When he was 1.5 years old, I took him to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and he would match the fish with the fish on the laminated sheet. He even fed his goldfish with milk, which sadly killed them. He was devastated as he would cry if he saw fish freshly caught in the sink to be prepared for dinner. Today, he could tell a salmon from a bass. He considers a marine biologist as one of his possible careers.
And his other passion is cars. When he was four, he beat every single adult at a party playing Need for Speed, even one of the engineers who built the game. Needless to say, when I recently purchased Need for Speed: Most Wanted for him, he beat the game only in a few hours, including winning a tournament. Thus, instead of watching a movie at the theater, I spent quality time with him by watching Top Gear on television, with him commenting on each car, its speed and features. This nine year old is passionate!
A while ago, I have a hope to create this blog simply because I love fashion, which is one of my hidden passions. And I envision fashion to be true to ourselves, if you will. We could allow our inner beauty to shine. Loving something and taking the action to do it are two different things, and here’s what I inspired me to birth this star:
1. Focus on your most important things first. I was working on a few projects and volunteering activities for others, and a friend mentioned that one should work on your most important things first. I considered his feedback, allocated time and took action to create this blog after months of thinking about it! Thus, this hope becomes a reality.
2. Ask for help. I am very grateful that a few of my friends are happy to take photographs of me. I am appreciative of their time and help.
3. Do the things you love. When I was five, I wanted to be a writer. Growing up, I have designed my share of dresses and have helped family and friends shop. I love fashion, style, the perfect cut. I would never imagine I could combine the two – writing about what I love – and being happy doing so!
This blog is thus dedicated to my nephew, whose passions for fish and cars have inspired me to go after my own.
Have a beautiful day! And let your inner beauty shine!
© 2013, Fish and Cars. All Rights Reserved.