Be a Superhero
“With great power comes great responsibility.” – Spider-Man
Many of the female superheroes today are big breasted with tiny waists and large hips because these characteristics are traditionally imagined and fancied by men. The advantage of creating a superhero outfit for yourself is that you would not only change and rewrite history, you would also provide yourself with the ability to define yourself and participate in the diversity of upcoming female superheroes – and this ability of self-definition is powerful.
To create a superhero outfit for yourself, consider the following elements:
1. Be authentic. Know who you are and what you love, and design a superhero outfit that represents you. If you rather choose to wear shirts and jeans instead of tight corsets and triangular bikini-like shorts because you would be more comfortable in your skin, your outfit is acceptable as long as they are comfortable to you in action – and would not be torn apart.
2. Incorporate your personal brand. Are you sweet and girly, or hot and sassy? Does your branding change depending on challenges and circumstances? Will you give yourself a logo? And what makes you different? Consider creating a superhero outfit that incorporates your personal brand.
3. Embrace originality. When designing your superhero outfit, there are no limits. Be cape-less if you desire to be down to earth. Be colorful if colors make you happy and vibrant. Be conservative if you wish to attract less attention to your chest and gluteus maximus. Be a leader of your own creation – there is no need to follow any existing trends.
Wear your superhero outfit and shine!
As a superhero, you consciously choose to make this world a better place. At times, you may feel lonely or misunderstood because principals come with a cost. At times, you may feel exhausted because you are constantly taking action to further a bigger purpose while managing the mundane of day-to-day life. And at times, you may feel hopeless because your enemies and their schemes are strong – and evil. However, there is a glow of light in your being that overcomes and fabulously fights for the greater good.
1. Find your superpowers. You have strengths. You may be strong and love to travel. You could fly. You are courageous and nothing can hurt you, emotionally or physically. You could be invincible. You have the ability to be observant without being noticed. No one can see you. You could be invisible. You have a willful mind and your thoughts come true. You could have the power of telekinesis. You have a natural ability to influence others, learn their thoughts and develop instant trust. You could read minds. You enjoy the taste of every bite and you run as fast as a Tesla roadster. You could be fast, very fast. You know when it will rain without checking the weather. You could control the acts of God. You fit in everywhere and dress appropriately for the occasion. You could shape shift. You experience a number of accidents but always come back stronger. You could regenerate. Find your superpowers.
2. Be true to your moral code. What motivates you to save the world? Is it a sense of responsibility, a calling, a personal vendetta or a strong belief in justice? And what is your moral code? Unlike the existing superheroes, do you believe that you have a life of freedom, that you must love yourself first, that it is the responsibility of the state to protect its people and that you choose to kill criminals and give justice and protect the world because you care – and it makes you feel good.
3. Take action. When something ain’t right, speak up and do the best you can to make it right – in your own personal life and society at large. When you are true to your moral code and you use your superpowers to do so, your actions will make this world a better place by destroying demons and villains (whether a negative thought or a giant monster), one at a time.
Have a beautiful day! – And let your inner beauty shine!
© 2013, Fish and Cars. All Rights Reserved.